- Nudgee Beach
- protect environmental values, including migratory shorebirds and their habitat
- engage the community about the importance of conserving migratory shorebirds and their habitat
- provide opportunities for the community to walk their dogs off-leash on the foreshore in established areas
- ensure dogs are on-leash outside of selected off-leash areas
- engage the community about where established dog on-leash and off-leash areas are located and the importance of good dog behaviour
- maintain recreational opportunities.
What is the Brisbane foreshore?
What is Moreton Bay Marine Park?
Where is the Manly Foreshore Dog Off-Leash Trial?
Where is the Nudgee Beach Foreshore Dog Off-Leash Trial?
The Nudgee Beach off-leash area is from the Fortitude Street carpark boat ramp, in Nudgee Beach Reserve, south to the mouth of Kedron Brook.
Where is the Sandgate Foreshore Dog Off-Leash Trial?
The Sandgate off-leash area is on the foreshore adjoining Sandgate Foreshores Park, below Lover’s Walk and Second Avenue to Zeehan Street, Shorncliffe.
What is the Foreshore Dog Off-leash Area project?
Who can use the foreshore dog off-leash area?
Anyone. Foreshore dog off-leash areas are shared spaces all members of the community can enjoy.
What is the purpose of the Foreshore Dog Off-leash Area project?
To establish and manage dog off-leash areas on the Brisbane foreshore to improve shorebird conservation and create new recreational opportunities for dogs and their owners.
What are the benefits of the Foreshore Dog Off-leash Area project?
How long is the trial?
What happens after the trial?
What enforcement will there be during the trial?
What are the DES guideline for foreshore dog off-leash areas?
What are migratory shorebirds?
What shorebird monitoring will be occurring during the trial?